As I was reading the article "31 to know fate today" in The Star (Thursday 6, December 2007), a few questions went through my mind: Were there only 31 alleged supporters of the Hindu Rights Action Force (Hindraf) facing charges? I mean, I'm not suggesting that the police should have arrested more. Just wondering---how did these 31 got arrested/picked/chosen (call it what you think it should be)? Imagine thousands rallied that day. Out of the thousands, only 31 were arrested. Was there like a satellite scanner picking out the trouble-makers? Or were they the unfortunate ones that couldn't run away? Let me see, it says that among them includes "two university students, a polythecnic student and trainee teacher. There was also a kidney transplant patient, a youth with a hole in the heart and a partially deaf person." Oh my...what an interesting bunch.
The charges were: illegal assembly (aih, if true, shouldn't everyone be arrested? Oh...maybe cannot catch everyone), attempted murder (ish! this is bad...sempat nak attempt murder? Furthermore in the paper it states "...pointing out that they were at Batu Caves 'professing their faith under Article 11 of the Federal Constitution' "--what "faith" are we talking about here? and lastly, causing damage to public property: hmm...this also falls under professing of faith? This sounds more like the things you'd do when you're intoxicated. Were there any vendors selling booze that day I wonder?
Oh well, WHATEVER THE CASE, siapa yang bersalah (whoever is wrong), deserves to be tried. And if found guilty, be convicted (not convicted before trial ah). And to those who intend on stirring racial tension---better go home and watch some comedy. Perhaps you need to hear more jokes---non racial ones by the way. To those who intend on joining demonstrations (it seems "demonstration" is THE word right now), please ah, remember it's not some street party and it doesn't come with goodie-bags. If you're just another face in the crowd, tagging along, not knowing the true struggles behind the walk (I profess I don't either), THEN YOU SHOULD BE STAYING AT HOME cleaning up your house, room, etc. Yea, do something useful for a change.
No comments:
Post a Comment