It's a "dog-eat-dog" world---whatever that means. But I know what "vicious cycle" means (I think). Err...something associated with "What goes around, comes around" Right? heh heh. Ah..don't mind me..
Anyways, if the idea that what goes around (it's usually associated with something bad) comes around applies to the fight for fairness, what would happen to the advocators when they've won? Once on the pedestal, and power is in your hands, would you play clean when someone comes to fight for your stool next? Hmm...You risk life and freedom to get what you want, and will you let the next person stand against you---head to head, and play the game in fair mode? I don't think so. Besides, what is "fair"? What is "clean"? I'm sure in each one of our books, we are all clean and fair people. Yeah, sure. Try proving that on the roads here. I've seen godly people turn psychotic, crazy, selfish, drivers the minute they're on the road. There's always two sides to a coin people.
However, don't get me wrong here. I understand this demand for a clean and fair game. Really I do. I was born into a family where the game has seen both sides of the coin. A family game that has won six major leagues spanning 30 years. SIX. Not one, not two. SIX major league titles. Imagine the amount of tactics involved in clinching them. AND we were the good guys (I believe we were). I grew up enjoying the game and hating it when you start believing that there's unfairness to it. Tell you the truth, either way, it won't be clean, nor fair. You may think that the current games commission is proof enough that it's not fair, but when the next "games commission" comes along, will it be any different? I doubt it.
We're just seeking for change. Hoping something better will become of us. Hoping that we don't need to spend anymore time talking, complaining, bickering, behind closed doors. We hope, that all that will end. I tell you, the same "we" will still be the ones talking about unfairness in the future. But if you want to taste that fairness, that so called "cleaness" then you play your cards well, and smart, and drag yourself right up the top amongst the players of the game. Then maybe you'll be one of the lucky few to enjoy this "clean" and "fair" game. Well, at least you might think it is, cos you're enjoying the fruits of it. What about the poor man outside your golden gate? I bet he'll still be around whether things are clean or fair.
I went for the press screening of "I AM LEGEND" starring Will Smith this morning. I have to say, the movie left me rather empty and unsatisfied. Oh, Will Smith was great in it no doubt. He played his character well. But I felt uncomfortable about the whole movie. So I decided to check it further online. I found that the book had a different storyline. In the movie, Smith was seen as the legend, the saviour. But in the book, he became a legend for a different reason---he was seen as the monster. There's two sides to the story. Like there's two sides to a coin. So, when we think we're fighting for the good of something, but on the other side of the coin, we may end up being seen as the evil itself. Or eventually that is, we'll be seen as the evil.
So does clean and fair really make a difference to this game in the future? While you ponder that, try ensuring that your own livelihood is maintained. Because this game, will be played even when you're no longer on this earth. And bear in mind that you ain't never going to be the legend that makes a change. Because the game will always be that legend that changes everything.
2 comments:
I can't really catch what you're saying but I am very sure that on the side of the coin, I'm actually a woman.
LF: With the amount of langkau you've been drinking, I'm not surprised you'd think there's more than two sides to a coin.:P
Post a Comment