Thursday, October 23, 2008

The last ride?

How long have I been living in KL? 5 years straight now. How long have I been living (on/off) in KL? Coming to 12 years now. The amount of friends I've made during all those years? Too many. Have I achieved what I wanted to do? Almost. I've always wanted to be in the media industry, and I did just that. Last official posting was as editor of an international title. I've gone into advertising, radio, HR/Training, PR, IT, sales; heck--I even went on to brand-manage a band! But there was one thing that I never did get a chance to delve into--Oil&Gas. Okay, not that I'm an engineer or anything, but it's always been a gapping frustration in my CV. I tried 8 years ago--failed miserably. I stopped trying. Until one day I got a call. And then, suddenly, I find myself preparing to uproot myself from KL to try my hands in Oil&Gas. This, should be my last ride. The one empty slot in the file. Do I miss all the things I've left behind? Yes. Friends, colleagues, my work. My passion. But we all have to move on I guess. I remember when I was working in HR, a senior consultant once said to me: "You know, when the train leaves the station, it leaves. You either jump onboard or be left behind. You choose." Well, I've chosen. No turning back. For now. Hee...

3 comments:

Cmate said...

Might not be your last ride, you know!!

ruby ahmad said...

Happy post Valentine's.

How are you?

Bearuang said...

Ruby: I'm fine here. How are you?