Saturday, April 5, 2008

Where was I?

And in case you're wondering what happened to me since I went MIA...a few things:
My phone got snatched from my hand while walking by the side of the road somewhere in SS2. My poor Samsung slider. Bastards. All those contacts I've built for the past 4 years. Thank gawd for emails and facebook. But I made sure I aired my displeasure in my editor's letter in our April issue. Ha ha.

Editor's letter? Yes, I finally started working as editor of a magazine based in Malaysia. It's been an interesting first month for me. Learning the ropes, missing out on my daily MSN-ing. And missing out on blogging (not that I had much to blog about in the first place). Been attending events for PR sake (it's pat of my KPI apparently) and thinking how to generate more income for my bosses. So our April issue is out. And we're currently completing our May issue. And I've started working on the June issue (in April). Yes Cybermate...I'm applying same format as ours before.

Yes yes, I'm trying to push the team to work two months ahead. Like our UK counterpart. They've produced their May issue, by end of March. May, in March. What da...so they're selling their May issue, by end of March. How like dat...makes weird sense to me. Oh well. I'm not complaining. I figured that if I wanted to pull our team to be at par with them on time factor, I'll just change the May issue and call it "July Issue" instead. Ha ha. Nah..two months advance oso wei. Some more in to be released by end of April. Not bad. Not bad. Save time, money and effort.

I've been following the recent Malaysian elections too. Although I didn't add my say to it on the net, then. But now that I mentioned it. The election is....something that we're going to repeat in a few years' time. So whatever it is, in that period of time, I just hope that the road work outside my housing area is bloody completed and the freakin...freakin!! traffic lights aren't taking soooo damn long (and that's only when it's bloody workin in the first place!!) So yea. Hoo-farkin-ray. Oh ya...I wrote that in my upcoming editor's letter for May too. Let's just hope my big boss don't censor it too much. heh heh. I kinda like this editor's space. It's like a blog. So now, not only can I display my frustrations or joys in here -- shit -- I can actually do so officially as part of my job!

Lastly, I've been going on a roller-coaster diet of veges and fruits. I crave for the usual fried stuff and I've cut down on alcohol intake, and trying my very best (well not really) to lose 5 kilos in the next three months before I go for my medical check-up. Thanks to some friends, lady author of chefspiration for one, gave me some tips to help with my diabetic problem, which in turn helps with my high cholesterol problem, and my high blood pressure problem. For the record: the tablets ain't cheap! So all you lots who think you're fine... please go check up before it's too late. Oh ya, now with my new job, the stress is higher and I realised that I can't quit my smoking...heh heh..excuse excuse huh? Seriously though, any tips??

That's all folks. If you don't hear from me, means I've gone MIA again. But I'll be back.

3 comments:

Cmate said...

ah, guess we all learnt from working together eh?

i love the system we started really much... no chance to apply though. perhaps when i start my own magazine one day. :)

miss talking with ya!

Bearuang said...

Cmate: You still have yet to come by my place for lunch...bila lagi?? call/sms me okay.

Anonymous said...

I think you should NOT stop drinking but you should stop smoking. Should, should, should, too many shoulds lah tiu..

Drinking is good for you. It is good. Yes, 'tis good. hhm...goooood...