Sunday, April 20, 2008

Curious...

I can't help wondering about this scenario few days back: I was next to the KL Federal Highway, stopping at the junction-turning-left onto the highway, while looking to my right at the oncoming traffic. At that moment, it was their right of way, so there were motorcyles speeding by me,in hordes. A few feet away (in that same direction I was facing), there was a traffic policeman manning the traffic. Manning. Yea.. Because of the influx of motorcyclist passing by, I couldn't cut in. Well if I did -- imagine a bowling ball striking all the pins down. That would've been the case. So while I was waiting for some clearance, suddenly the policeman started pointing at me. He gestured with his gloved hand, that I should move on. He kept waving his right hand in a "shooing motion". Just like when you're shooing away a cat or a dog, or a human being.

But the amount of motorcyclists were still in loads. So I didn't bother. And obviously that got the cop upset/annoyed/irritated. I can't hear him but I could see his mouth forming the word "Jalan!" (Move!) Yes, I could sense the exclamation mark there too. His eyes were bulging (just like his tummy). And his mouth was forming like he was crazy! (just kidding). Anyways he was shooing me away and shouting "Jalan! Jalan!". I got quite irritated and without winding down my window, I gestured back at him by pointing to the oncoming traffic. I mouthed the word: "How?!" Yes, with my own exclamation mark and my bulging eyes to match. He couldn't see my bulging tummy hidden by the car door, so I looked slim to him I'm sure. We had a glaring-at-each-other showdown for a few seconds. Then the coast was clear and I drove off. I guess the guy behind me was so caught up in the whole scene that he forgot to do his obligatory honking as it is common here. All that happened in about 2 - 3 minutes.

So I'm curious: if I were to cut in because I was pressured by the policeman, and then crash into a few motorcyclists (not counting the cars), is it my fault? Of course it is, right? And the traffic dude, would in return, go and detain me? Hell yeah! Like he's gonna say it's his fault. The same dude who insist that I "Jalan!" even though he could see with his bulging eyes, the sight of the oncoming/ongoing traffic. What kind of dumbness is that? And just today I read in the STAR, the authority/government asking us (drivers) to be more aware of motorcyclists on the road cos apparently we are the main cause of their accidents/deaths on the road. Well, duh-phuckin-huh??!

Anyways, I went to do my photoshoot for my May issue the other day... now I know how tough it is to pose. Damn man... I felt abused...


SAY CHEECKO UMBRO!

3 comments:

Cmate said...

Wow! Photoshoot... must be very professionally done unlike our days... Hehehe!

Bearuang said...

Cmate: Yes it was professionaly done. I just didn't add the bit where I had to do makeup and all..ha ha...oh and the suit was sponsored but too bad I couldn't bring it home. Damn!

Anonymous said...

Update la brather!