Major papers today printed an article about two men who were assaulted after posing as cops who went to the house of missing child, Sharlinie Mohd Nashar, inquiring about her. I can't help wondering what on earth inspired them to commit such an act. If only I'm part of the interrogation team...
Sharlinie, who went missing around 11.30am on Jan 9th 2008 in Taman Medan, Petaling Jaya, is still missing. A nationwide search is on the way and pictures of her is being circulated everywhere. Help and support is coming from every corner. Even the reward value has increased. Good on you sir! [Now, what about donating a fixed percentage (for the period till Sharlinie is found) of the earnings from 4-digit ticket sales to help increase the value further? Ok ok I'm just kidding!]
Anyway, So here we have the helpful ones, and then you have those like these two chumps, and we can't forget the prank callers and other weirdos. They are doing their bit too---to make things worst of course. So, in the face of such a grieving incident, we see the good and the bad side in all of us. How misery can be one's gain and how others fight to solve this pain. Let's just hope the good ones will continue the good fight and the bad ones, well, let's hope fire from the sky will roast them.
Most importantly, let's hope that our spirit does not die off like a sensational news gone dry. Or losing its steam. Even now, you can see how the updates move further back in the pages. That's just how it works. That's the "necessary" of it. And that is a clear hint of how we are [when I say "we" I mean individuals, the authorities, the legislatures, organisations, associations etc]. Look at other unresolved issues or cases, they slowly disappear with time.
There's no point in comparing with other countries because we aren't in other countries. We are here in Malaysia, and Malaysia is ours. Shame. I don't think we'll ever change. We'll continue to develop as a country but we will never develop as individuals, as a society. That's why we have weirdos like the two impersonators. [By the way are they Malaysians??]
And true to form, we act in our usual manner: One day, something big happens, and then the hoo-haa begins. Lots of suggestions are made. And then slowly, things subside. People will go back to doing their own thing. That's just the way it is. To the crazy lots, it's just the way it is for them too. While we hunger for the next big news or gossip, they hunger for the next big strike. We're all wolves running in the same pack. We just don't know that we're running in opposite directions.
Why do you think I'm turning this issue into an "attack" on us? No particular reason. I just feel like greasing out some angst in me. Perhaps I'm just talking about my own shortcomings. True, I do have my own. But mine's possibly just like yours. So why not drag you into it too. We're in a pack right? Same type of drivers on the road too. Oh ya, I don't even want to touch on that!
Bottomline though, for us "good ones" let's not lose our sight on what's important. Let's keep hoping and praying.
My hopes and prayers include [but not limited to]:
1. That Sharlinie is safe and well and is found very soon
2. That Nurin's killer or killers are found [and quickly exterminated like the pest that they are]
3. That the authorities will beef up whatever "security measures" to ensure our safety and well-being. This includes installing CCTVs everywhere [in carriages too cos I heard perverts like to hang out in LRTs]
4. That next year crime will be reduced [including violent ones]
5. That less drivers spend time rubbernecking on the roads cos it's already bad enough that we're all caught in jams
6. That we get a rise in pay [hooray!]
7. Petrol price don't go up so soon
8. Price for alcohol and ciggies go down
9. We'll one day watch uncensored movies in Malaysian cinemas
10. Pirated dvd makers hire better translators for gawd sake! [Oops!]
11. [But seriously] That we strongly support the local music and film industry
12. That unresolved issues and cases be resolved [without scapegoats] so that we can all move on with our lives!
13. That more hypocrites be flushed out
14. That one day, we all will live in a better, safer, place
15. For more love to spread around
Hope and Pray. Cos it's hard when we're wolves running opposites.
No comments:
Post a Comment