Sunday, November 4, 2007

Party Effect

I woke up this morning with a very bad hangover. It's been a while since I've had such a traumatising wake-up. Ohh my. I wished the bed would just eat me alive. My legs absolutely refused to cooperate with me as I struggled to make it to the bathroom. Each step was torturous. The stale taste of beer, vodka, whiskey, tuak, and sangria was still lingering in my mouth. Eugh! In fact, I could feel the stink oozing from my skin. "Got to hit the shower now!" I willed myself.

I'm 34-years-old this year and finally, it dawned on me that I'm not--YOUNG. Trying to keep up with the much younger and energetic crowd last night was like going on a 5-minute aerobics exercise. Oh, trust me, I've tried aerobics once. And that was one of the most humiliating few minutes of my life. I couldn't even keep up with this 60-something lady next to me for godsake! Anyways...so last night's birthday bash for my sister-in-law was a great one. We all had a great time. The party started at about 8pm an outlet in Hartamas, and later we moved on back to our place. It ended at 5am for some of us. I crashed out around 4am. I can't remember how some got out of the house even. Hmm...

Yes...it was all fun until this morning. And you always regret having that extra drink or that extra packet of ciggies...then you start thinking how much of your body has gone into comatose---refusing to work with you ever again. That's scary. Moral of the story for me here: Know your limits brudder. You're not young anymore.

Oh well. Happy hour anyone??



I can't describe how I felt this morning any clearer than this image of me last night.







No comments: