Last Friday saw one of my colleagues parting ways with us after being with the company for a year (or more than that). It's kind of sad that no one really paid attention to her departure. With the exception of my editor and myself, almost everyone seemed more keen to celebrate the birthday of another colleague. Not that it's wrong. It's still a democratic country (right?). Miss G has been a great colleague and a great team member of the editorial department. I would think that without her, things would have gotten a bit too chaotic. Yes, she's very systematic and that's one of the things that I admire about her---more often than not, chaos, is the order of the day in a writers' daily work environment. Only they know how to sort their own work. But Miss G brought at least some order in the system for the rest of us to follow. That was good. She's also very efficient with her work. Which is another thing I find writers having problems with (I'm speaking for myself). Well not that it's a problem---it's just our nature. Anyways, too bad she's not part of the team anymore. It would've been nice to have her around. But people will come and go. We have to respect their decisions. And for the rest of us, we carry on. I still have Miss J around to work the challenge with me. Let's hope she won't exercise her democratic rights too soon. Otherwise I'll be drowning on my own. Now that'll be a real challenge. Just like anywhere you go or anything that you take on, the challenges will always be there. There's no bed of roses to lay down on (except if you're Bon Jovi). We just have to work our way through or around it. Yes, it's just another day in our lives.
We pray you all the success Miss G.
No comments:
Post a Comment